The Mummy MOT
What is a Mummy MOT?
A Mummy MOT is a specialist full postnatal assessment following both vaginal and C-section deliveries
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Assessment
- Abdominal Muscle Assessment – looking for tummy muscle separation (diastasis)
- Screening for Bladder, Bowel and Sexual Dysfunction
- Education and Advice on Safe Activities
- Initiate a bespoke rehabilitation programme with your goals in mind (follow ups will be required)
- A written Report of the Findings of your Assessment
Contact Us Today
For more information about the Mummy MOT or an appointment in the Torbay area please contact us today
– for the postnatal physiotherapy you deserve!
Who Needs a Mummy MOT?
Half of all women experience weakness in both abdominal muscle and pelvic floor muscle after pregnancy.
1/3 of all women still have a tummy gap (diastasis) at 1 year post birth causing instability and poor core strength.
This can lead to back pain, pelvic pain, bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction and pelvic organ prolapse.
These conditions are NOT something that you should put up with as a result of having a baby!
IT IS RECOMMENDED that women have their initial physical assessment at 6-8 weeks post partum after their GP check. However, a Mummy MOT is suitable for ALL mums even those who gave birth years ago who may still have a tummy gap or pelvic floor related issues.
Sarah Tompkin is a fully trained and licensed Mummy MOT Practitioner.
Fill in your details and your biggest postnatal bother and we will get back to you to book an appointment or answer any of your questions.
Initial 90 Minute AssessmentThe Mummy MOT
- An hour allows us sufficient time for a comprehensive assessment and enables us to deliver a truly personalised treatment.
Expires 25th December!
£90 for a 90 minute assessment
when booking made
before Christmas 2021*
* Includes appointments for 2022 when they are booked before Christmas 2021 so that all expectant mums can take advantage of the discounted price. The price is £100 after the promotion